Present: Chris, George

After arriving on the Friday night and discussing at great lengths what we were going to do the next day with our new found novices me and George also came up with the great plan to get up at 6.30 AM and do Pip to Mistraal (as I’d not done it yet and really wanted to!) This seemed like a great plan at 12.30 but, as the music was er, rather loud and continuous, even by Bull Pot Farm standards, and not to mention the fact we had to sneak in to the members’ room thanks to the million hill walkers from Sheffield (who were all very nice people!) I didn’t get to sleep until about 4.30. Replenished by just two hours sleep me and George got up and quickly donned our kit. As we came down into the kitchen we found a rather ill looking Marina who had consumed enough alcohol to kill a whale – her ashen face and staring eyes were quite scary at 6.30 in the morning. The walk to Pip was lovely in the early morning damp. At the river crossing I decided that I’d go throw myself to the floor in a dramatic fashion – George reckons I just fell over. We got to the entrance and suddenly thought we were in for a long walk back – the hanger that George thought was permanent had been taken. Luckily though we had a sling and rigged off naturals instead. Once down we quickly headed through the main passage (what little there is of it, it’s all mostly rock) and made good time. I fannied around for a while at the crawl where the woman was rescued as I didn’t want my SRT kit getting stuck. It’s certainly an interesting little manouver to get out of that and on do the handstand on to the little acro bar. I then proceeded to fuck up completely as I tried to lower myself down on the rope using the rope wrapped round my hand as a stop. This was a *BAD* idea as 10 stone of me wrapped round my fingers is a really bad idea! We got out of Pip and in to Mistraal pretty quickly. I struggled in Mistraal as I got all my kit tied up in some boulder cracks – doh! We retreived the rope and made a quick return to the farm for some breakfast. Luckily everybody was still completely trashed from the night before so we were back before they’d even woken up.

Chris